Roxbury School District, Succasunna, NJ
Robert Half International, Parsippany, NJ
- Substitute Teacher
- Responsible for executing teacher lesson plans under no supervision and maintaining proper classroom discipline
- Special Education Paraprofessional
- Engaged with students identified with learning disorders including Autism, Asperger’s Syndrome, and anxiety disorders to enhance their educational experiences and aid in their learning processes
- Special Education - S.T.E.P. Program
- Worked with students that are not college-bound to develop job skills (employment application completion, resume and cover letter development, interviewing skills, time management, social literacy, and independence)
NWNJ Federal Credit Union, Denville, NJ
- HR Professional
- Various HR leadership assignments
- Vice President & Treasurer; Board of Directors
- Managed activities that ensured that activities of the credit union met sound financial criteria.
- Ensured that strict financial policies and controls were adhered to.
- Oversight of day to day activities of the office staff
- Liaison with outside governing authorities (both state and federal) to ensure compliance of all financial policies, procedures, and activities.
- Accountable for developing and reviewing the credit unions’ strategic business plans and objectives and to adjust them accordingly based on business needs.
- Responsible for oversight of all HR related activities and issues
- Supported all internal IT related systems (computer systems, e-mail, website design & maintenance).
NWNJ Federal Credit Union merged with Garden Savings Federal Credit Union on February 1, 2013.
GENERAL CHEMICAL INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS, INC., East Hanover, NJGeneral Chemical is one of the world's leading and most experienced producers of soda ash and employ over 750 employees with annual revenues of $1 billion.
General Chemical Industrial Products was acquired by Tata Chemicals Limited in February 2008and renamed Tata Chemicals North America in 2011. MBH SOLUTIONS, INC., Teaneck, NJProfessional services organization that is a leading provider in workforce management solutions and services (such as ADP, Link2GL, Link2HR, PeopleSoft and Oracle) with $16 million in annual revenue
- Manager, Corporate Human Resources
- Led and directed a staff of eight HR professionals that were responsible for all HR related activities in the corporate office (NJ) and remote locations (Wyoming, North Carolina, Georgia, and Boucherville, Quebec Canada).
- Directed employee relations, benefit administration, talent acquisition and talent management, compensation, organizational development and corporate communications activities.
- Supported remote locations
- 1st step grievance, cba administration and interpretation to support the unionized facilities in Georgia and Canada
- Secondary cba interpretation in support of local HR Manager for the Wyoming mining operation
- Managed the selection, implementation, and management of an enterprise performance management system, the automation of HR related forms and information, and the development and implementation of an electronic employee handbook.
- Major accomplishments
- Significant transformation of the relationship and communication between “Corporate” and remote facilities
- Considerable improvement in department morale through communication, direct involvement, and development opportunities
- Major enhancement to the responsiveness of the department throughout the organization.
- Leadership for HR due diligence activities during periods of acquisition review.
- Led the HR related activities to ensure that acquired organization was successfully integrated.
- Director, Human Resources & Administration
- Conceptualized and implemented an HR infrastructure to include directing a staff of 3 in support of all HR and office administration activities
- Employee relations, benefit administration, talent acquisition and talent management, policy develop and payroll.
- Coordination of all activities related to office purchases and vendor management.
- All HR activities were developed and implemented during a period of significant cash flow problems.
- Strong budget management.
- Guided the company through a significant period of benefit vendor payment issues due to our cash flow problems
- Directly managed disbursements to ensure that all vendors were brought up to date in a very short period of time.
- Directly supported the functions of IT, finance, consultant delivery operations, and all offsite employees as a member of the management team.
- Major accomplishments
- Improvement of communications and response time between the Corporate office and remote employees.
- Improved morale during a time of financial uncertainty for the company.
- Implemented a procedure for the standardization of office products that resulted in significant price reductions and, therefore, an improvement to the bottom line.
- Assumed leadership for the selection, implementation, and administration of an HRIS
- Conversion of the existing payroll system into a full HR/Payroll system
- Automated HR activities not previously automated including a corporate-wide performance management system.
MBH Solutions was acquired by RCM Technologies on April 1, 2008.
ALFA WASSERMANN, INC., Fairfield, NJLeading provider of medical diagnostic instrumentation and reagents to the medical community with 140 employees and $40 million in annual revenues
- Human Resources Manager
- Tasked with transforming the HR function from a clerical role into a full support, strategic HR department and directing the delivery of all HR related services and activities
- Employee relations, benefit administration, talent acquisition and talent management, policy development, compensation, payroll and corporate communications.
- Planned and led the implementation of an enterprise performance management and HRIS system (with payroll conversion)
- Conceptualized, developed and implemented a “live” on -line policy manual.
- Supported the functions of corporate sales, administration, research & development, IT and finance operations as a member of the leadership team.
- I made significant contributions to the company through partnering with the COO and other key executives to drive organizational change through town hall meetings, open and improved communications, and working with the payroll function to reduce errors and improve timeliness of error correction.
RELATED HR EMPLOYMENT
- NEC RESEARCH INSTITUTE Manager, Human Resources
- AJILON SERVICES, INC. Director, Human Resources
- ALPHANET SOLUTIONS, INC. Manager, Human Resources
Stuart Marcus - sphr, shrm-scp